This is a blog in which I record my exciting adventures in Africa!

Monday, October 09, 2006

So much happened this weekend, I won't bother writing it all. I went to the Jay-Z rap concert on Friday, and that was a really interesting experience. I'm going to write an article on it, though, so when I'm finished with that I'll post it on the blog. Somethings that won't go in the article: My friend Fergal from Ireland took a picture of some policemen beating up a guy who tried to sneak in to the show. They arrested him and sent him down to the station, where it was no big deal. He deleted the pictures, and then he could go back to the show. But when he got there, he had to pay the commanding police officer there a bribe of 50,000 cedis! Well, thats really only about $5, but, still, my first experience of official corruption.
The next day Katie from Germany and I took the express bus to me our friends the Volta Region of Ghana. Well, the express bus broke down, and we had to take a Jeep in to town. When we got there, our friends had no cellphones on and we wandered around town trying to find a place to stay at 11 at night. Very stressful.
Well, the next morning, the shared car we had organized to take us to the Wli falls did not show up, so we had to take a taxi. Our friends names were on the register for that morning, so we rushed in after them to try to catch them. We made it all the way to the lower falls, but of course there was no sign of them. Deciding that they were probably at the upper falls, we began scrambling up a very steep narrow path through dense green foliage. It was very humid in the forest, and soon we were sweating like pigs. Continuous streams of sweat would run down my arms and down my face. But, of course, in our haste, we had neglected to bring any water. I took off my shirt and left my bag in some bushes, but it was no good. Soon we were desperate. Where were our friends? More importantly, where was there water?Had we even taken the right path?
Finally, the path stopped climbing and began descending steeply, and in no time I saw the white skin and fair hair of our obruni friends through the greenery. Those bastards, leaving us nearly with out hope. I snuck down as quickly and quietly as I could, till I was near behind them. It was just me in my short shorts and sneakers and nothing else, and them dutifully and slowly plodding down behind the guide they had hired at the bottom. With a wild, blood curdling (I hope) scream I took off flying down the steep muddy path and pounced on my unsuspecting prey. A proud moment.
Now the man here is telling me I must go, its closing time, so this will be continued.

1 Comments:

Blogger IsaacNoah said...

How was the Hov? Post the article already...

And didn't I hear something about him fading to black?

Well, y'know what they say:

"A million mcs
and they ain't sayin nothin."

Peace out playa.

3:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home